The GDC serves and promotes the profession
The GDC works to improve the human environment by:
- Fostering public awareness of design in Canada through education, public information, trade, commerce and industry
- Encouraging informed opinions so high design standards may flourish
- Working towards the eradication of visual and sensory abuse
- Improving standards, practice and awareness of graphic design as a profession and as an interrelated process.
The GDC strives to develop the graphic design profession by:
- Encouraging a coherent educational standards for the graphic design profession at post-secondary levels, and by offering constructive suggestions into primary and secondary levels
- Establishing criteria and procedures for professional certification and registration, and periodically revising them to reflect current design standards
- Organizing a body of professional designers who share objectives, common ethical standards, and a standard code of conduct across the country.
The GDC serves the graphic design profession by:
- Fostering exchanges and building relationships with similar organizations and projects around the world
- Recognizing different design disciplines in order to increase opportunities for interdisciplinary practice
- Inspiring our members to recognize existing design issues and use their skills and experience to improve the profession
- Preserving the interests of our members with any public interactions between them
- Extending the influence of graphic design as a cultural and socioeconomic asset of Canada.
- The Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC) is a member-based organization of design professionals, educators, administrators, students and associates in communications, marketing, media and design related fields.
- The facts about Canada's National certification program for graphic and communication designers in Canada
- La Société des designers graphiques du Canada (DGC) est l’association nationale du design graphique au Canada.
- The GDC serves and promotes the profession
- The GDC has a variety of committees which focus on nationally oriented programs and areas of concern.
- FAQs about GDC membership, hiring a designer, and becoming a graphic designer.
- All GDC members subscribe to and abide by our code of ethics.
- Principles for GDC members to follow and definition of sustainable design.
- GDC is Canada's professional organization for graphic designers
- Learn more about the GDC
- 2006 marked the 50th anniversary of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada
- GDC was the first non-European member of the International Council of Communication Design.
- GDC's active membership in Icograda contributes to the international design community.
- Society of Typographic Designers of Canada (TDC) founded in Toronto in 1956 by Frank Davies, John Gibson, Frank Newfeld, and Leslie (Sam) Smart.
- The GDC National Executive is voted from the National Council and serve a 2-year term...
- The GDC National Executive is voted from the National Council and serve a 2-year term,...