May 23 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
GDC members: Free
- May 31 5:30 pm - 8:30 pmLocation: Navigator’s Pub, Moncton, NBJoin us at 5:30 pm on Thursday, May 31st, at Navigator’s Pub, in Moncton, NB, and connect with Moncton’s creative community.
- May 31 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm3 local creative talents speaking 30 minutes about their process and work.
- May 25 8:00 am - 26 3:00 pmLocation: Langara College 100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, BCOver the course of two days, this event provides an unparalleled opportunity for design students, graduates and design newcomers to learn, connect, guide and inspire creative thinking. Developed with this experience in mind, the conference includes studio tours, creative workshops and a portfolio critique. It’s also a great opportunity to learn and network!
- May 24 - June 22
- May 23 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmJoin us at CRAFT Beer Market on Wednesday, May 23rd 5:30pm - 8pm for networking, socializing and some delicious appetizers! Of course beverages of all kinds are available to purchase as well.
- May 11 6:00 pm - 12:00 amLocation: University of King's College
- May 11 7:30 am - 12 11:00 pmLocation: Broadway Theatre/ Lydia'sThe Elevators are here again! May 11th and 12th will be an event not to miss!
- May 11 6:00 pm - 10:00 pmLocation: UBC Robson SquareCo-sponsored by Metropolitan Fine Printers, the Salazar Student Awards recognize projects of up-and-coming design students across British Columbia.
The Graphic Designers of Canada – BC Chapter will be hosting the Salazar Student Awards May 11th, 2012 from 6-10pm at UBC Robson Square. The annual awards program recognizes outstanding student design projects from throughout the province. In addition, a special keynote address by Robert L. Peters will take place.
- May 04 8:30 am - 10:00 amLocation: W2 Media Café, 111 West Hastings Street Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1H4 CanadaCreativeMornings is a monthly morning lecture series of creative types. Each event is free of charge, and includes a 20 minute talk, plus breakfast!
- May 03 4:30 pm - 9:00 pmLocation: Red River College, 160 Princess StreetJoin Red River College's 2012 design students and graduates as they unveil their latest crop of work. With samples on display from RRC's graphic design, digital media design and 3D computer graphics programs, this annual exhibit is always a great indicator of what's to come.
- May 03 7:30 pm - 11:59 pmLocation: The Ironworks: 235 Alexander Street, VancouverUsing scientific proof and state-of-the-art multimedia techniques, Aaron James Draplin of the Draplin Design Co. delivers a suckerpunch of a talk that aims to provide bonafide proof of work, the highs and lows of a ferociously independent existence and a couple tall tales from his so-called career in the cutthroat world of contemporary graphic design. Just a regular guy with a trajectory a little dirtier than yours, his talk is open to all oncomers brave enough to show up. If you are a youngster, you may find yourself inspired to attack your design future in a different way. If you are established, you may just leave feeling grateful you don't have anything to do with him. Hard to say. One night only, Vancouver!
- May 03 7:30 pm - 10:30 amLocation: Ironworks – 235 Alexander St.GDC/BC Mainland Chapter is proud to present Aaron Draplin "Tall Tales From A Large Man" as part of our 2012 Design Speaker Series. Portland's favourite bearded-graphic-designer is coming to Vancouver and you must not miss him.