Our 5th annual Practivism event will celebrate the impact that storytelling has on attracting, communicating and mobilizing some serious change. The Society of Graphic Designers Canada, BC Chapter (GDC/BC) has invited three creative thought leaders to inspire others to use their design-thinking powers to promote progressive social, economic and environmental initiatives.
Erica Priggen (Free Range Studios), Lorne Craig (Unicycle Creative) and Dawn Danby (Autodesk's Sustainability Workshop) will share their unique stories and insights followed by a lively panel discussion. Learn how graphic design is creating value and activating meaningful (and sustainable) change. Get inspired and connect with like-minded changemakers!
*Practivism = Practical methods for radical sustainability in design
Date: Friday November 16, 2012
Location: Science World at the TELUS World of Science (1455 Quebec Street, Vancouver, BC)
Time: 6-10 pm
Learn more PRACTIVISM.ca
Download high-res event poster. Practicism5-64x48-Poster.pdf (38mb)
- November 22
- November 22 7:30 pm - 11:00 pmLocation: Park Theatre, 698 Osborne StreetSome timely math: 0% chance of Grey Cup hangover. 0% chance of sophomore-season Jets worship. 100% chance of hard(ish)-hitting, real-steel, in-your-grill creativity and inspiration, as PechaKucha Night in Winnipeg returns for the final time in 2012 with a twelfth rollicking roll-out of star-calibre creative good sports.
- November 16 6:00 pm - 10:00 pmLocation: The Wardroom Campus Pub, University of King’s College, Halifax, NSJoin us at 6 pm on Friday, November 16th, at The Wardroom Campus Pub, University of King’s College, in Halifax, NS, for some old school social networking.
- November 16 6:00 pm - 11:00 pmLocation: Science World at TELUS World of Science 1455 Quebec StreetPractivism* is about more than choosing recycled paper; it's about envisioning and mobilizing a better future. Join us for an evening of design storytelling. Connect with others. Create change.
- November 15 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmLocation: Headspace, 1817 - 10 Ave SW CalgaryStart with the WHY and everything else will follow with your user experience design decisions.
- November 09Location: Toronto, ON
- November 08 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmLocation: Navigator’s Pub, Moncton, NBJoin us at 5:30 pm on Thursday, November 8th, at Navigator’s Pub, in Moncton, NB, and connect with Moncton’s creative community.
- October 15 - December 16