Moncton, NB—On April 27, 2012 the National Council of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC), at its Annual General Meeting at the Delta Beausejour Hotel in Moncton, NB, elected its new National Executive Board Members for 2012–2014.
New GDC National Executive members and National Committee Chairpersons are:
Adrian Jean CGD (Ottawa, Ontario) President;
Jim Hudson CGD (Moncton, New Brunswick) Past-President;
Ana Herrera CGD (Edmonton, Alberta) Treasurer;
Naoko Masuda CGD (Calgary, Alberta) Corporate Secretary;
Marga Lopez CGD (North Vancouver, BC) VP Membership;
Karin Jager CGD (North Vancouver, BC), VP Education;
Scott Gillam CGD (Winnipeg, Manitoba) VP Web;
Matthew Warburton CGD, FGDC (Vancouver, BC) VP Communications.
Dean McNeill CGD (Halifax, NS) Chair, Certification Committee;
Valerie Elliott CGD (Victoria, BC) Chair, Sustainability Committee;
David Berman R.G.D., CGD, FGDC (Ottawa, Ontario) Chair, Ethics Committee;
Peggy Cady CGD, FGDC (Victoria, BC) Chair, GDC Foundation;
The Executive Director of the GDC is Melanie MacDonald of Ottawa, Ontario. Each Chapter (including Members at Large) is represented on the National Council by its President and up to two National Representatives.
Founded in 1956, the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada is the only national certification body for graphic and communication design in Canada. Only professional graphic and visual communicators licensed by the GDC are entitled to use the CGD certification mark in Canada.
With over 1,000 members across Canada, the Society promotes high standards of design and ethics that benefit Canadian commerce, public service and education.
- 30 -
For more information on the GDC please contact Melanie MacDonald, 613 567 5400 (toll free 1 877 496 4453), by email at .
- June 13, 2013Student scholarships explode!
- June 13, 2013A Celebration of Canadian Design Pioneers
- May 05, 2013Design leader, typographer extraordinaire & educator passes away.
- April 13, 2013World Communication Design Day April 27: how will you celebrate it?
- March 26, 2013Applied Arts is Canada's premier magazine of the communication arts.
- March 13, 2013New National Scholarships Announced for 2013
- February 27, 2013Application deadline April 15, 2013
- February 25, 2013Carl Dair (1912-1967) Typographic Designer
- February 19, 2013Don't miss the P22 Underground type sale for members!
- February 19, 2013Take a Digital Media Labour Market Survey.
- February 14, 2013University of Toronto responds to demand
- February 08, 2013Canadian typography mates with Canadian technology.
- December 17, 2012How many shopping days left?!?! Yikes!!!
- December 13, 2012Special eNews edition for all you Holiday Givers!
- November 23, 2012$15 for 16 cards!!! Holy Black Friday Batman!!!
- November 14, 2012Designers, designer cards, designer prizes, designer members, designer sales, designer ethics, all things designer.
- November 03, 2012GDC well represented in the Student Awards
- October 22, 2012Great cause, great prizes to be won!
- October 11, 2012
- October 10, 2012Historic news from across the country and around the globe.
- October 01, 2012Working together to raise awareness of the value of the certification of designers worldwide
- September 29, 2012Want to create the new identity & brand platform for Canada's national design association?
- September 25, 2012
- September 12, 2012Welcome back to school!
- August 08, 2012Acknowledgement for Lifetime Contributions to Design
- August 07, 2012...a significant step forward in unifying, refining and enhancing visual communications certification in Canada.
- August 07, 2012Tasty design news from across the country.
- July 16, 2012National Survey closes at midnight tonight
- July 01, 2012Vintage poem and Canadian letterpress typography to commemorate Canada Day.
- July 01, 2012Canada Type builds a legacy for Canadian typography students with a new GDC National Scholarship Fund
- June 15, 2012Calling all Canadian Creatives!
- June 15, 20122012 National Scholarship Recipients Announced
- May 30, 2012GDC@50 Poster Sale to Benefit GDC Foundation
- May 30, 2012GDC is proud to support this inaugural workshop organized by Rod McDonald FGDC and Patrick Griffin of Canada Type.
- May 23, 2012New National Executive & Fellows Announced
- May 07, 2012First election in memory to decide president.
- April 13, 2012Get ready to commemorate World Communication Design Day
- March 27, 2012BC Design Leader Loses Battle with Cancer
- March 20, 2012It must feel like spring somewhere out there...
- March 15, 2012Sales from font to support GDC design education programs.
- March 02, 2012Don’t let your certification inadvertently lapse.
- February 29, 2012Long time collaborative relationship formalized.
- February 20, 2012Sharing the love of design.
- February 20, 2012A Canadian icon who followed his own unique path and style.
- February 15, 2012GDC Foundation Announces the Ray Hrynkow Scholarship
- January 31, 2012January marks the launch of the GDC’s Annual Chapter Member Surveys
- January 25, 2012New Group Benefits Plan includes dental, medical, life, disability and critical illness insurance.
- January 16, 2012Deadline of January 20, 2012
- January 13, 2012All the news that is design-worthy!
- December 12, 2011Donate and your name will be entered to win!