Do you believe that grants for Canadian design research and special projects are important? How about scholarships for students AND professionals? What about being able to assist designers experiencing crisis?
The GDC does, and this is what the GDC Foundation is all about.
Thanks to a generous, caring community, we’ve raised almost $30,000 towards those goals.
If you believe these are important endeavours for your industry, please take the time to donate this fall.
Our goal for 2012 is to raise the Foundation’s seed capital to $35,000+.
Those who donate between October 10 and December 31, 2012 will be entered into a draw for some great prizes listed below.
or call Toll Free: 877-496-4453
Visa, Mastercard, AmEx accepted
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EST
or send a cheque (payable to Society of Graphic Designers of Canada)
to: Society of Graphic Designers of Canada
Arts Court 2 Daly Avenue
Ottawa Ontario K1N 6E2
Follow us on Twitter@GetBehindDesign!
Draw Prizes will be awarded in January 2013
All donors between October 10 and midnight December 31, 2012, will be entered in a draw win one of two grand prizes:
One free admission to 2013 TypeCon from SOTA
or one free admission to the 2013 TYPO Conference in San Francisco!
Grand prize winners will be chosen first. All remaining donor names will be entered in a draw according to donation value. All winners will be required to answer a skill-testing question.
* * * * *
Above: “Vector Dance,” by Keith Martin CGD
Donations of $300 and up are eligible to win:
> a free entry to 2013 CUSP Conference: The Design of Everything
September 18–19, 2013, Museum of Contemporary Art Theater,
> an original framed print, “Vector Dance,” by Keith Martin CGD
> an original origami piece (see image below) by origami artist, Joseph Wu
* * * * *
Donations of $200-$299 are eligible to win:
> 2 free entries 2013 Regional Design Awards from Design Edge Canada
> Fabulous Cuban poster “Besos Robados” by René Azcuy,
donated by Brenda Sanderson CGD
* * * * *
Donations of $50-$199 are eligible to win:
> 1-year subscription to Communication Arts Magazine
> 1-year subscription to UPPERCASE Magazine
> The book What's Cooking? Famous Designers on Food,
donated by Nancy Wu CGD
> $150 certificate + free shipping from Moo.com
> $100 gift certificate for MyFonts.com
* * * * *
Donations $25 to $49 are eligible to win:
> Typography Deconstructed letterpress poster
> Celebrate 65, book donated by the Type Director's Club
> GDC branded travel mug donated by the GDC Vancouver Island Chapter
> Books donated by GDC Alberta North Chapter:
Graphic Design Referenced, by Armin Vit
Flaunt, by Armin Vit
Women of Design, by Armin Vit
Designing, by Ivan Chermayeff; autographed
Below: Canadian Beaver, origami piece by Joseph Wu
- June 13, 2013Student scholarships explode!
- June 13, 2013A Celebration of Canadian Design Pioneers
- May 05, 2013Design leader, typographer extraordinaire & educator passes away.
- April 13, 2013World Communication Design Day April 27: how will you celebrate it?
- March 26, 2013Applied Arts is Canada's premier magazine of the communication arts.
- March 13, 2013New National Scholarships Announced for 2013
- February 27, 2013Application deadline April 15, 2013
- February 25, 2013Carl Dair (1912-1967) Typographic Designer
- February 19, 2013Don't miss the P22 Underground type sale for members!
- February 19, 2013Take a Digital Media Labour Market Survey.
- February 14, 2013University of Toronto responds to demand
- February 08, 2013Canadian typography mates with Canadian technology.
- December 17, 2012How many shopping days left?!?! Yikes!!!
- December 13, 2012Special eNews edition for all you Holiday Givers!
- November 23, 2012$15 for 16 cards!!! Holy Black Friday Batman!!!
- November 14, 2012Designers, designer cards, designer prizes, designer members, designer sales, designer ethics, all things designer.
- November 03, 2012GDC well represented in the Student Awards
- October 22, 2012Great cause, great prizes to be won!
- October 11, 2012
- October 10, 2012Historic news from across the country and around the globe.
- October 01, 2012Working together to raise awareness of the value of the certification of designers worldwide
- September 29, 2012Want to create the new identity & brand platform for Canada's national design association?
- September 25, 2012
- September 12, 2012Welcome back to school!
- August 08, 2012Acknowledgement for Lifetime Contributions to Design
- August 07, 2012...a significant step forward in unifying, refining and enhancing visual communications certification in Canada.
- August 07, 2012Tasty design news from across the country.
- July 16, 2012National Survey closes at midnight tonight
- July 01, 2012Vintage poem and Canadian letterpress typography to commemorate Canada Day.
- July 01, 2012Canada Type builds a legacy for Canadian typography students with a new GDC National Scholarship Fund
- June 15, 2012Calling all Canadian Creatives!
- June 15, 20122012 National Scholarship Recipients Announced
- May 30, 2012GDC@50 Poster Sale to Benefit GDC Foundation
- May 30, 2012GDC is proud to support this inaugural workshop organized by Rod McDonald FGDC and Patrick Griffin of Canada Type.
- May 23, 2012New National Executive & Fellows Announced
- May 07, 2012First election in memory to decide president.
- April 13, 2012Get ready to commemorate World Communication Design Day
- March 27, 2012BC Design Leader Loses Battle with Cancer
- March 20, 2012It must feel like spring somewhere out there...
- March 15, 2012Sales from font to support GDC design education programs.
- March 02, 2012Don’t let your certification inadvertently lapse.
- February 29, 2012Long time collaborative relationship formalized.
- February 20, 2012Sharing the love of design.
- February 20, 2012A Canadian icon who followed his own unique path and style.
- February 15, 2012GDC Foundation Announces the Ray Hrynkow Scholarship
- January 31, 2012January marks the launch of the GDC’s Annual Chapter Member Surveys
- January 25, 2012New Group Benefits Plan includes dental, medical, life, disability and critical illness insurance.
- January 16, 2012Deadline of January 20, 2012
- January 13, 2012All the news that is design-worthy!
- December 12, 2011Donate and your name will be entered to win!