Graphex '08 The Best of Visual Communications: Opens a World of Possibilities L’excellence en communication visuelle : ouvre un monde de possibilites
Graphex 2008 is an Icograda-endorsed National design competition that has been celebrating the best of visual communication in Canada since 1977. Graphex promotes the value of design to the Canadian public and business community—Good Design Is Good Business—and creates an archive of Canadian design for future generations to reflect upon and study.
Graphex 2008 est une compétition nationale de design sanctionnée par Icograda, qui célèbre les meilleures communications visuelles au Canada depuis 1977. Les principaux objectifs de Graphex sont de promouvoir l’importance du design auprès de la population canadienne et du monde des affaires—Un Bon Design Signifie de Bonnes Affaires—et de créer des archives en design canadien afin que les générations futures puissent les étudier et s’en inspirer.
Graphex winners will be announced at the Awards Gala in Vancouver on March 28, 2008.
Join us for the announcement and presentation of the Graphex 2008 Awards celebrating the best in visual communication in Canada at this special black tie event at The Vancouver Club, 915 W. Hastings St. on March 28, 2008 complete with Sponsors Trade Show, cocktail reception, 3-course plated dinner, awards show and mingling. Find ticket information at www.gdc.net/graphex.
Awards Exhibit 1–11 April 2008 An extensive selection of the top submissions will be presented to the public through exhibitions at venues across Canada. The travelling Graphex 2008 Exhibit commences April 1st, 2008 at the Pendulum Gallery, 855 W. Georgia St., Vancouver. Please check www.gdc.net/graphex for details regarding displays in your city.
Judges | Les juges
Ronald Kapaz Head Designer, Partner, Oz Design, São Paulo, Brazil www.ozdesign.com.br
Jamie Koval Partner, Creative Director, VSA Partners Chicago, USA www.vsapartners.com
Sam Carter Design Historian, Educator Vancouver, Canada www.eciad.ca
Peter Steiner Designer, formerly of Gottschalk + Ash Int’l Montréal, Canada www.gplusa.com
Stanley Hainsworth VP, Global Brand Director, Starbucks Seattle, USA www.starbucks.com
Michael Jager Creative Director, JDK Design Burlington, USA www.jdk.com
Marian Bantjes Designer, Typographer, Writer Bowen Island, Canada www.bantjes.com
Questions | Questions
Please email: with “Graphex” in your subject header. All of this information and more is available at: www.gdc.net/graphex.
Faites-les parvenir par courriel à: avec pour objet “Graphex”. Toute cette information est disponible à: www.gdc.net/graphex.
Graphex 2008 is endorsed by the International Congress of Graphic Design Associations (Icograda), the world body for professional graphic design and visual communication. Founded in London in 1963, it now bases its secretariat in Montréal, Canada. The GDC has been an active member of Icograda since 1976. Graphex 2008 is also endorsed by the National Council of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada and supported by SDGQ and RGD Ontario. Graphex is funded entirely through entry fees and the generous support of our many sponsors, who give both in-kind and financial contributions. Share the love: let them know you appreciate their support.
- February 27, 2014
- February 13, 2014Don't forget to wash your hands! See the GermSmart campaign case study.
- January 14, 2014Support for the Canada 150th online petition is growing!
- December 29, 2013Support the GDC Foundation! Last chance to enter the Get Behind Design draw!
- December 15, 2013Part One of a December Double Whammy
- December 14, 2013
- November 15, 2013Annual GDC Foundation Campaign Kicks Off
- October 08, 2013Graphex CFE deadline and Annual GDC Foundation Campaign launched.
- October 07, 2013It was a great year!
- September 14, 2013Remembering Canadian design legends
- August 30, 2013
- August 28, 2013
- August 15, 2013News with traction!
- August 13, 2013A Celebration of Canadian Design Pioneers
- July 17, 2013Designers commit their expertise to flood victims.
- June 21, 2013
- June 13, 2013Student scholarships explode!
- May 05, 2013Design leader, typographer extraordinaire & educator passes away.
- April 13, 2013World Communication Design Day April 27: how will you celebrate it?
- March 26, 2013Applied Arts is Canada's premier magazine of the communication arts.
- March 13, 2013New National Scholarships Announced for 2013
- February 27, 2013Application deadline April 15, 2013
- February 25, 2013Carl Dair (1912-1967) Typographic Designer
- February 19, 2013Don't miss the P22 Underground type sale for members!
- February 19, 2013Take a Digital Media Labour Market Survey.
- February 14, 2013University of Toronto responds to demand
- February 08, 2013Canadian typography mates with Canadian technology.
- December 17, 2012How many shopping days left?!?! Yikes!!!
- December 13, 2012Special eNews edition for all you Holiday Givers!
- November 23, 2012$15 for 16 cards!!! Holy Black Friday Batman!!!
- November 14, 2012Designers, designer cards, designer prizes, designer members, designer sales, designer ethics, all things designer.
- November 03, 2012GDC well represented in the Student Awards
- October 22, 2012Great cause, great prizes to be won!
- October 10, 2012Historic news from across the country and around the globe.
- October 01, 2012Working together to raise awareness of the value of the certification of designers worldwide
- September 29, 2012Want to create the new identity & brand platform for Canada's national design association?
- September 25, 2012
- September 12, 2012Welcome back to school!
- August 08, 2012Acknowledgement for Lifetime Contributions to Design
- August 07, 2012...a significant step forward in unifying, refining and enhancing visual communications certification in Canada.
- August 07, 2012Tasty design news from across the country.
- July 16, 2012National Survey closes at midnight tonight
- July 01, 2012Vintage poem and Canadian letterpress typography to commemorate Canada Day.
- July 01, 2012Canada Type builds a legacy for Canadian typography students with a new GDC National Scholarship Fund
- June 15, 2012Calling all Canadian Creatives!
- June 15, 20122012 National Scholarship Recipients Announced
- May 30, 2012GDC@50 Poster Sale to Benefit GDC Foundation
- May 30, 2012GDC is proud to support this inaugural workshop organized by Rod McDonald FGDC and Patrick Griffin of Canada Type.
- May 23, 2012New National Executive & Fellows Announced
- May 07, 2012First election in memory to decide president.