101 Things Designers Can Do To Save the Earth
This web site and the workshop that inspired it were created by the School of Visual Concepts, Seattle, in cooperation with AIGA Seattle and Aquent.
Design Can Change
Design Can Change works on the simple belief that our industry can make a positive change by working together. Use this resource as a starting point to help bring our community together to encourage sustainable practices.
Forest Stewardship Council List of FSC Certified printers in Canada.
International Institute for Sustainable Development championing sustainable development around the world through innovation, partnerships, research and communications.
Institute for Sustainable Communications: an entrepreneurial organization committed to educating and training the next generation of business leaders needed to grow innovative, sustainable enterprises that create jobs, foster environmental restoration and improve the quality of life in communities they touch.
Markets Initiative works with Canadian companies to conserve ancient and endangered forests by shifting their demand, and supply, of paper products to environmentally sound options.
O2 International Network for Sustainable Design
Renourish: Nutrients for the Graphic Design Community - A resource for the graphic design industry. Renourish is helping to start the conversation on green graphic design by providing definitions, tips, and links to sustainable resources designers can use to make their work a little greener. It exists to provide the graphic designer and their clients a host of resources to practice more sustainably in their craft.
Also see sustainable design.
- May 15, 2012
- May 15, 2012
- Recommended by GDC members and GDC Listserv participants
- January 11, 2008Recommendations and comments by GDC Listserv members
- July 29, 2008The internationally acclaimed GDC Journal is the GDC's showcase publication.
- July 08, 2008Suggestions from the Listserv
- Award winning book designed by Catharine Bradbury MGDC of Bradbury Branding & Design
- January 11, 2008A collection of case studies that show design in action
- Are you being paid what you're worth?
- Online resources with tips on creating graphic standards and branding guidelines
- On line resources with tips on practicing eco-friendly design
- January 11, 2008Must-visit websites for graphic designers
- Access to Canadian Design talent, Published by Design Exchange
- Sites for everything type-related
- influencing design and typography
- January 11, 2008Blogs, lists, online forums for designers
- December 29, 2012