The GDC Foundation’s fall fundraising campaign kicks off today with generous support from Design Edge Canada, Fotoprint and prize donors.
Imagine being able to give grants for design research and special projects.
Imagine being able to give scholarships for students and professionals.
Imagine being able to assist designers in crisis through a benevolent fund.
That is what the GDC Foundation is imagining as well, and with your help, we can make it a reality.
Join our efforts to build the GDC Foundation by donating before December 31, 2011. Your name will be listed with our 2011 Donors and you will be entered in a draw for one of these items:
• A Wacom Inkling (anonymous donor)
• Two free entries to Design Edge Canada’s Regional Design Awards in March 2012 (courtesy Design Edge Canada)
• 100 beautiful Pantone postcards (anonymous donor)
• Four P22 Typography mugs featuring the Johnston Underground font (courtesy Miriam MacPhail, CGD)
• Great prizes from P22 Type Foundry: (courtesy Richard Kegler at P22)
- 3 P22 books
- 3 decks of elegantly designed typographic cards
- 3 packaged P22 font sets CDs
- 3 William Caslon experience CDS
- 3 Making Faces DVDs (Jim Rimmer movie)
• FunctionFox: TimeFox subscription
• More to come!
Contributors to the first $25,000 of the fund and will be named Founding Donors.
The fund is at $13,500 now, and we are working toward a $20,000 goal this year. This is an opportunity to give back to your design community. Help us build this valuable asset for designers, educators, students and researchers.
Please get behind GDC Foundation funraising by donating today!
Online: Please click Donate at the GDC Store.
By phone: call toll free: 877-496-4453 and use your Visa, MasterCard or AMEX Card.
By mail: Send your cheque made out to Graphic Designers of Canada, with a note to the GDC Foundation to:
Society of Graphic Designers of Canada
Arts Court, 2 Daly Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6E2
Volunteer to help with the campaign. E-mail